MPhil and PhD Research: areas of interest
Research degree opportunities
A broad range of interdisciplinary research is being undertaken within the Research Centre which has growing international recognition. Its composition is multidisciplinary, which allows it to undertake work at conventional disciplinary boundaries. The Centre has a supportive and dynamic research environment and good associations with industry and practice (locally, nationally and internationally) providing sources of research data as well as opportunities to make the research have impact. Read about current Mphil/PhD Students.
New PhD Bursaries are available (see the News page).
Applications are welcomed from outstanding, self-motivated individuals who are keen to pursue research in the broad areas of:
- Spatial planning and development practice
- Historical studies in planning and development
- Urban conservation, urban design and regeneration
- Finance and property development
- Organisational relationships in construction
- Knowledge management in professional practice
- Building operations and management
You must have, or expect to obtain, a first or upper second class honours degree and demonstrate an understanding of research and an ability to write.
SDRU welcomes visitors from other institutions who are interested in working in our fields of concern (listed above). Contact David Boyd or Peter Larkham to discuss possible visits.